Employment Opportunities at the YMCA
Let's Work Together
Current job openings:
Child Watch & Preschool Director-Full-Time Exempt
We believe all of our members should have a positive and stress-free experience while they are using the Y facilities and the Child Watch area lets them do just that.
Our child watch drop-in child care and preschool program offers children a safe environment to play and be surrounded by caring staff, while parents can achieve their health and wellness goals. We are seeking a highly passionate, organized and innovative leader to oversee both our Dahl and Houser Branch child watch and preschool programming departments. This is a full time exempt position working 40+ hours a week including some weekend duty and special events. Full benefits package included.
• Oversee and manage the Dahl & Houser Branch Child Watch and Preschool departments.
• Hire, supervise, coach, train, and schedule part time staff.
• Assure high standards of program quality and safety guidelines.
• Participate in management meetings.
• Work weekend duty when scheduled and other special events as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field required
• Strong knowledge of child development and experience working with infants – children 7 years old
• Strong communications & relationship building skills
• Supervisory experience
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume & cover letter to Jackie Ripp, Director of Human Resources, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, October 26, 2017.
If you're passionate about gymnastics, enjoy working with children and families, and want to make a positive impact on the lives of young people in our community, join us as a gymnastics instructor.
Now seeking knowledgeable, caring, energetic, positive, friendly, creative, compassionate, nurturing, organized, and community-minded gymnastics coaches to teach in our state-of-the-art facility.
- Understanding and supporting our cause
- Planning, spotting, and teaching gymnastics classes pre-school through pre-team
- Assessing the progress of students
- Interacting and communicating with participant parents
- Assisting with gymnastics special events and other related duties
- Instructors will develop relationship building, teaching, coaching, class management, and leadership skills
Hours: 1-4 days per week 3-15 hours a week.
Positions available at the Dahl Family Y in La Crosse and the R.W. Houser Family Y in Onalaska.
Qualified and interested applicants can complete an application online on this website or at either YMCA branch. For more information please contact Kelly Sorensen, Gymnastics Director, at email@example.com.
Lifeguards & Swim Instructors
Join our team of lifeguards and swim instructors in providing high quality customer service while building relationships with other staff and program participants.
- Maintain health and safety of all participants
- Enforce rules and expectations
- Constant vigilance of pool activities
- Conduct YMCA Learn-to-Swim lessons
- Must enjoy working around children and adults of all ages
- Must be at least 16 years old
- American Red Cross (or equivalent):
- Lifeguard Certification
- CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer Certification
- Water Instructor Certification, preferred
- Part-time positions in either branch
- 6-30 hours per week; 4-7 days per week
*Free adult Y membership included!*
Apply online on this website (www.laxymca.org) or at either YMCA branch.
School Age Program Leaders
Would you like to have a blast while you are making a positive impact on youth in your community? If you answered yes, click on read description below to learn more.
Why YMCA School Age Care?
- Provide mentorship and positive guidance to elementary students in a before and after school setting
- Facilitate opportunities for physical activity and nutrition
- Gain critical experience in positive guidance techniques and program creation
- Take a leadership position within a dynamic team-based work environment
- Work for the leading youth-serving organization in the La Crosse area
- Flexible part-time hours to fit your schedule
- Free adult Y membership
*A passion for acting as a strong role model for youth
*Positive, nurturing personality and strong communication skills
*Education & experience in early childhood is preferred
*CPR/First Aid CPR Certification (within 6 months of hire)
These are part-time positions working in elementary schools in the following cities: La Crosse, Onalaska, Holmen and Bangor.
To apply, please complete an employmnet application on this wesite, drop your completed employment application off at either Y branch or by mail to 1140 Main Street La Crosse, WI 54601.
Dance Instructor: Boys' Hip Hop
Seeking a dynamic role model who knows how to build confidence, teamwork, and a fun, creative experience for our boys-only hip hop class.
Male instructors encouraged to apply. Ideal candidate will have experience in basic Hip Hop and urban street style dance including break dance and Pop N' Lock.
*Knowledge of Hip Hop dance technique and skill progression
*An interest in building relationships with others and creating a welcoming environment is essential
*Strong verbal communication skills
*Be energetic, self-directed and organized
If interested in applying, complete an application on this website or drop off a completed application at either of our branches.
Child Care Center Part-Time Opportunities-R.W. Houser Family YMCA
Be a part of an organization that families entrust every day to care for their infants and toddlers and become part of a staff team that is committed and passionate about the Y’s mission and core values.
Join the Y’s Child Care Center
Part-time Openings (5):
- Assistant Teachers-hiring a minimum of five
- Overseeing departure of children
- Greeting parents
- Playing with children
- Set up and cleaning responsibilities
Part-time hours available Monday – Friday. We are very flexible and willing to work with your schedule. Free adult Y membership included dependent on the number of shifts or hours worked weekly.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- State Group Childcare Licensing Qualifications such as completed coursework in early childhood education, developmental psychology and educational psychology
- Experience in early childhood a plus
- CPR/First Aid CPR Certification
Please send resume to Steven Torres at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Environmental Technician (Housekeeping) - Part-Time
Do you enjoy being around people? Do you have an eye for detail, organization and cleanliness? If you answered yes, click on read description below to learn more.
If so, the Y is looking for you! Our members truly appreciate our staff for keeping our facilities safe and clean for them. You can be a part of this team!
- Maintaining the cleanliness of the facility:
- Possess a positive attitude and good communication skills
- Must be a team player, professional, and reliable
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of operating cleaning equipment, cleaning and sanitation products
1. Part-Time at Houser Y in Onalaska-One Opening
Saturday 8:00 pm - 12:00 am and Sunday 8:00 pm - 12:00 am
Part-time positions include a free adult Y membership!
To apply for any of this position: Please fill out an employment application on this website or at either branch.
Birthday Party Staff
The Y is seeking creative and energetic individuals to be positive role models while engaging youth in enriching and fun activities as a Birthday Party Staff.
Join our team where you will gain valuable experience in event organization through hosting our family events including birthday parties and family fun nights.
- Excellent social and communication skills
- Innovative abilities
- Passion for working with youth
- Basic computer and video game knowledge
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Excitement to participate and play with children
- Dependability is a must
These are part-time positions with hours during the week and weekends.
Apply online on this website (www.laxymca.org) or at either YMCA branch.
Youth Sports Coaches And Referees Part-Time Openings-Basketball
If you’re serious about developing youth through sport, we invite you to join our passionate team of coaches and referees. Our youth sports coaches and referees impact participants through character development and positive competition.
Our Y is always looking for individuals to help coach and referee in all of our different youth sports programs throughout the year. We currently need basketball coaches and referees. These positions are needed for the Dahl Family YMCA in La Crosse and R.W. Houser Family YMCA in Onalaska and Holmen programs. Some of these programs may be held off-site.
Candidates should be enthusiastic, motivating, and able to relate well to young children. Some knowledge and experience playing organized sports is beneficial, specifically basketball. These are part-time positions working 3-20 hours per week. Applications can be completed online on this website or at either Y branch.
Child Watch Staff
Are you passionate about helping kids learn and grow?
Be part of an organization that families trust every day to care for their children ages birth - 7 in our drop in program. We are seeking individuals that are committed and enthusiastic about teaching kids our values - caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Past experience working with children a plus. Variety of shifts available to work up to 20-30 hours per week.
Dahl Family YMCA in La Crosse
R.W. Houser Family YMCA in Onalaska:
To apply, complete an application on this website or at either Y location.
Are you passionate about fitness and want to motivate others to achieve their health and wellness goals in a supportive and caring way?
Our fitness instructors work with all fitness levels in our fitness classes, both at the Y and in our community in a sincere and positive manner.
We are looking for certified fitness instructors to lead many of our different fitness classes offered at the Y.
- Group Cycling
- Boot Camp
- Step Aerobics
- Cardio Kickboxing
- Water Exercise classes
- Group exercise certification through a nationally recognized and/or accredited organization (YMCA of the USA, ACE, AFAA, ACSM, etc.)
- Knowledge regarding the basic principles of group exercise, including strength training, cardiovascular fitness, heart rate and perceived exertion scales, and flexibility training
- Ability to teach a well planned group exercise class on own
- Ability to spot and correct incorrect form use by participants
- Certification in CPR/AED and First Aid is also required
Qualified candidates can complete an employment application online on this website or at either YMCA branch.
Preschool Class Instructors
As an organization we believe in the importance of investing in kids by helping them grow and develop! We are seeking individuals that desire to teach early childhood classes focusing on a variety of different subjects. Classes offered are for ages 1 (walking) - Age 7 and classes range from 35 minutes - 2 hours in length.
Do you enjoying working with 2-7 year olds in a fun and creative environment? Then the Y has an opportunity for you! Preschool instructors help instruct physical and non-physical classes including arts & crafts, gym, music, and activity programs for preschool children. Responsibilities include preparing lesson plans, preparing craft projects, provide structured, safe, and welcoming environment for children and families. Candidates must be creative, have energy and enthusiasm to work with children and the ability to understand and relate to the developmental stages of children. These are part time positions working at either the North or La Crosse branch 3-8 hours per week, 1-3 days a week. If interested please complete an employment application at either YMCA branch or online.
We are seeking candidates who believe in our Mission and will follow our four core values of honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility. Throughout the year we may have openings in the following areas: YChild Watch, Child Care Center, School Age Childcare, Lifeguards, Swim Instructors, Swim Team Coach, Member Services, Housekeeping, Maintenance, Youth Sports, Youth & Family Programs, Wellness Center, Personal Trainers, Fitness Instructors, Gymnastics, Dance, Martial Arts, and many more!