DINNER TABLE RESILIENCE
MENTAL HEALTH RESOURCE FOR OUR COMMUNITY
Join Sarah Johnson, Mental Health Director at the La Crosse Family YMCA, for our video series and skills sheets (handouts!) on building resilience. Tips, topics, skills, and strategies that we can use at our own tables to build resilience in ourselves and others.
Resilience is our ability to get through challenging circumstances, and not just get through them, but come out stronger and wiser on the other side. It is a foundational component of our mental health.
Resilience is like a muscle, the more we train it, the stronger it gets. It grows through healthy and supportive relationships, taking care of ourselves and others, and asking for help when we need it.
See below for 3-5 minute videos and skills sheets on ways to build resilience.
More supporting materials are in the works, so check back here soon!
- Episode 1: Defining Mental Health
- Skills sheet: Defining Mental Health
- Episode 2: Emotion Identification
- Episode 3: Who Are Your Resilience Role Models?
- Skills sheet: Who Are Your Resilience Role Models?
- Episode 4: Who Helped You Build Resilience?
- Skills sheet: Building Resilience
- Episode 5: Growth Mindset
- Skills sheet: What is a Growth Mindset?
- Episode 6: How Are You?
- Skills sheet: How Are You?
- Episode 7: Take Care of Yourself
- Skills sheet: Take Care of Yourself
- Episode 8: Window of Tolerance
- Skills sheet: Window of Tolerance
- Episode 8: Green Light Skills
- Skills sheet: Green Light Skills
- Episode 9: Breathe
- Skills sheet: Take a Breath
- Episode 10: Hunger Fullness Scale
- Skills sheet: Fuel Your Body
- Episode 11: Move Your Body
- Skills sheet: Move Your Body
- Episode 12: Rest Your Body
- Skills sheet: Rest Your Body
- Episode 13: Support Wheel
- Skills sheet: Support
- Episode 14: “I” Messages
- Skills sheet: Setting Healthy Boundaries
- Episode 15: Do Something You Enjoy
- Skills sheet: Do Something You Enjoy
- Episode 16: The Noticing Game
- Skills sheet: Noticing Game
- Episode 17: Take Your Medicine
- Skills sheet: Take Your Medicine
- Episode 18: Mindful of What’s Going In and On
- Skill sheet: Be Mindful
- Episode 19: Practice, Practice, Practice
- Skills sheet: Practice
- Episode 20: Ask for Help When You Need It
- Skill sheet: Ask for Help
- Episode 21: Green Light Skills Review
- Episode 23: Yellow Light Skills Overview
- Skills sheet: Overview
- Episode 24: Noticing and Calming – Noticing Practice
- Skills sheet: Noticing and Calming
- Episode 25: Noticing and Calming – Calming Practice
- Episode 26: Reflecting and Processing
- Skills sheet: Reflecting and Processing
- Episode 27: Reflecting and Processing using H.A.L.T.
- Episode 28: Reflecting and Processing using Chain Analysis
- Skills sheet: Chain Analysis
- Episode 29: Noticing and Calming using Healthy Distractions
- Skill sheet: Healthy Distractions
- Episode 30: Healthy Distraction Kits
- Skill sheet: Healthy Distraction Kits
- Episode 31: Expressing Skills
- Skill sheet: Express Yourself
- Episode 32: Acceptance