Looking for an internship with flexible hours? Join a cause-driven organization and help make a positive impact in our community as the La Crosse Area Family YMCA Accounting Intern and gain experience working for a non-profit organization. Responsibilities include daily financial and accounting tasks, such as cash management and accounts payable, as well as the general assistance of the Business Office.
The ideal candidate would be working towards completing a major in accounting, finance, business management, or other applicable fields of study. Candidates should have strong communication and organizational skills in addition to accuracy and high attention to detail.
This is an unpaid, part-time internship approximately 6-10 hours per week.
- Email your cover letter and resume to Jim Mauss at [email protected]
- Complete an internship application here.
Assist the Aquatic Directors at either Y location in the administration of American Red Cross courses. Opportunities also exist for assisting Y staff in teaching swimming lessons.
Programs include dance, martial arts, music, and fine arts. Our Arts Intern will assist with planning & implementing special events including national Y Arts Week, Martial Arts Tournament, and Music and Dance Recitals. Other responsibilities include volunteer recruitment, records management, member communication, promotion, and implementing Y-USA resources into programs.
The ideal candidate will be enrolled in a degree program in management, communications, or other applicable fields of study. Candidates should be energetic, self-directed, organized, have strong communication skills. An interest in building relationships with others and creating a welcoming environment is essential.
This is an unpaid part-time internship working 10-20 hours per week a varying schedule.
- Assist with program marketing of current classes. The fitness intern will gain skills in leadership: communication both oral and written, organizational skills.
The Y has made a promise to strengthen our community and we believe that in order to be successful, youth need healthful meals. This year we will serve more than 200,000 meals to youth in our community and we invite you to help us meet that goal.
We are seeking volunteers and interns who are interested in helping meet that need for youth in our community by administering our meal program, engaging youth in activities, and serving meals to youth.
- Meals served both at the Y and off site locations
- Positions available immediately
- Summer positions also available
- Reliable transportation
- Ability to follow strict food program guidelines
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
For Questions and to Apply:
A focus of the content created will be impact/story driven, helping our community reach their health and wellness goals.
Candidates should have a background in Graphic Design, including experience with the Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign.
Our Marketing Department oversees three Y facilities, 23,000 Y members, and 600+ employees.
Majors: Graphic Design, Web Design, Marketing
Duration: Semester or Full Year. Part Time (15-20) or Full Time (35-40).
This is an unpaid internship with flexible working hours, potentially working some weekend events. Start date will vary based on semester and can be a part-time or full-time internship that is a semester or full year in length.
- email your resume to Travis Pernsteiner, Marketing Director, at [email protected].
- Complete an internship application here.
You will work alongside our Gymnastics Program Director to help ensure that programs are running smoothly and assist with any meets or gymnastics team events. Experience in gymnastics is preferred but not required.
- Candidates will gain experience working for a non-profit organization and learning the day to day duties within an HR department. We will work together to help the candidate get the experience they need within their field. Candidates must be going to school for Human Resources or a related field, have database management, record keeping, and Microsoft Office experience. Candidates must have excellent communication skills. This is an unpaid internship but you will gain work and leadership experience.
At the Community Teen Center, we help teens improve their mental health, and discover and reach their potential by finding creative ways to provide them with engaging and energetic programs.
Our staff, volunteers and interns use their strengths and interests to help teens build relationships, try new things, and become who they want to be. Being a part of the Y team also offers opportunities for Master’s level interns to positively impact the mental health of adults and families.
- Candidates for this position must have excellent communication skills, flexibility, and a desire to work with adolescents.
- Requirements include at least one year of related college coursework and availability during Teen Center hours (3-9pm).
- This internship is for Master’s Level Students who are enrolled in a Counselor Education or related program working towards licensure as a mental health professional.
In our school age program, you will be part of a nurturing and caring staff team that is there to help youth learn, grow, and thrive in a healthy environment by providing physical activity opportunities and healthy eating options. As the school-age intern, you will act as the program lead responsible for facilitating the implementation of the daily agenda for all Kids Day Off and Early Release Days.
Responsibilities will include developing and implementing a detailed program schedule for these programs which will include acquiring and organizing all materials necessary for the successful operation of all program dates.
Candidates should be going to school for education, rec. management or a related field. Other requirements include excellent communication, experience with program development or event planning, knowledge of school-age children’s development and a valid driver’s license.
Additional duties as determined by intern supervisor and intern. Students in the majors of Psychology and Human & Social Services are encouraged to apply.
The intern will also be responsible for program marketing of current programs along with new programs. The Wellness Center Intern will gain skills in leadership; communication both oral and written; organizational skills; and exercise prescription and testing.
Assist the Youth & Family Director with program areas such as Friday Night Live, Prime Time Center, Youth Sports programs, etc. Background in recreation and experience with youth preferred.