Programs include dance, martial arts, music, and fine arts. Our Arts Intern will assist with planning & implementing special events including national Y Arts Week, Martial Arts Tournament, and Music and Dance Recitals. Other responsibilities include volunteer recruitment, records management, member communication, promotion, and implementing Y-USA resources into programs.
The ideal candidate will be enrolled in a degree program in management, communications, or other applicable fields of study. Candidates should be energetic, self-directed, organized, have strong communication skills. An interest in building relationships with others and creating a welcoming environment is essential.
This is an unpaid part-time internship working 10-20 hours per week a varying schedule.
You will work alongside our Gymnastics Program Director to help ensure that programs are running smoothly and assist with any meets or gymnastics team events. Experience in gymnastics is preferred but not required.
- Candidates for this position must have excellent communication skills, flexibility, and a desire to work with youth, adolescents and adults.
- Requirements include at least one year of related college coursework and ability to work a somewhat flexible schedule (including some evenings).
- This internship is for Master’s Level Students who are enrolled in a Counselor Education or related program working towards licensure as a mental health professional.
- Lead activities and build relationships
- Provide opportunities for physical activity and healthy eating
- Build relationships with families
- Strong verbal communication
- Education and experience in early childhood is preferred
- CPR/AED/First Aid within the first 3 months of hire
- Part-time positions in La Crosse, Holmen, Onalaska, and Bangor schools
- 5-25 hours per week; morning and afternoons