Guest Pass Policy
Members are encouraged to invite friends and family to experience the Y with them. This is generally on a for-fee basis, however member incentives will periodically be offered where members may invite guests for FREE. The general guest policy is outlined in the member handbook and is posted at the branch Welcome Centers.
All guests of the YMCA must present a photo id and complete an emergency medical contact form upon entering the facility. Guests who are under age 18 will need to bring an emergency medical contact form, signed by a parent or guardian, before they can use the facility. Guests who are under age 7 must be accompainied by and adult age 18+ at all times. Contact forms need to be updated on January 1 of each calendar year. Emergency medical contact forms are also available at the YMCA membership desk.
YMCA A.W.A.Y PROGRAM
The Y participates in the A.W.A.Y. program (Always Welcome at YMCAs) and honors visiting Y members outside a 30-mile radius to visit our facilities FREE OF CHARGE. The visiting Y member must show a valid Y membership card.
YMCA CODE OF CONDUCT
WE are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for all, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times when they are in our facility or participating in our programs.
We expect persons using the Y to behave in a mature and responsible manner and respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Code of Conduct does not permit language or action that can hurt or frighten another person or that falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct. Our Code of Conduct reflects our core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Specifically, members are NOT to engage in the following activity including:
- Angry or vulgar language including swearing, name-calling, or shouting.
- Intentional physical contact with another person in an angry, threatening, or sexual manner.
- Any demonstration of sexual activity.
- Harassment or intimidation by words or gestures, body language, or any other menacing behavior.
- Inappropriate attire.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction of property.
- Carrying, or concealing weapons or devices or objects that may be used as weapons.
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol on Y property, Y vehicles, or at Y sponsored programs.
- Chronic disregard for Y policies.
- Any other conduct that is inappropriate, threatening, or offensive in nature.
- Smoking is not permitted in or outside the YMCA. The YMCA and its property is a smoke-free environment.
- The use of cell phones with cameras and all other camera or video recording devices are PROHIBITED in all bathrooms, locker rooms and changing areas.
Members and guests are encouraged to be responsible for their personal comfort and safety by requesting that the offensive behavior be stopped from any person whose behavior is in violation of the Code of Conduct listed above. If a member feels uncomfortable confronting the person directly, they should report it immediately to a Y staff person.
Members and guests should not hesitate to notify a Y staff person if assistance is needed. Please do not hesitate in requesting help. Our staff are here to help make the Y the best part of your day.
The branch executive directors and CEO will review all reported incidents. The decision to suspend or terminate Y membership privileges will be made at their discretion if a violation of the Code of Conduct has occurred.
DENIAL OR REVOCATION OF MEMBERSHIP:
The CEO of the La Crosse Area Family YMCA has the authority to deny or revoke membership to any individual if it has been determined that said individual's behavior or other may jeopardize the comfort and safety of others. This includes, but is not limited to, convicted sex offenders, drug traffickers, etc