The La Crosse Area Family YMCA values its members and places a high priority on member service. It is our policy that all staff, volunteers, and board of directors will institute and nurture a culture of member service and satisfaction through their interaction with members, the development of procedures, and the implementation of programs.
Anyone under the age of 7 must be accompanied by an adult age 18+ at all times while on YMCA property.
Members are encouraged to invite friends and family to experience the Y with them. This is generally on a for-fee basis, however, member incentives will periodically be offered where members may invite guests for FREE. The general guest policy is outlined in the member handbook, is posted at the branch Welcome Centers and on this website.
NATIONWIDE PROGRAM PROGRAM
The La Crosse Area Family YMCA has joined the Nationwide Membership program, which allows you to visit Ys across the country for free (over 90% of YMCAs are participating in this program). Policies are processes vary according to each individual Y. When inquiring about facilities and visitation please reference the La Crosse Area Family YMCA.
Y CHILD WATCH
Drop-in child care (Y Child Watch) is available to members and non-members up to 2 hours. Fees are based on the membership status of the adult.
FREE for family members.
The La Crosse Area Family YMCA provides a free towel service to all members and guest. The Y provides members and guests up to 2 towels per visit to the Y. Sweat towels are available in the wellness center La Crosse Area Family YMCA.
MEMBER CODE OF CONDUCT
WE are committed to providing a safe and welcoming environment for all members and guests. To promote safety and comfort for all, we ask individuals to act appropriately at all times when they are in our facility or participating in our programs.
We expect persons using the Y to behave in a mature and responsible manner and respect the rights and dignity of others. Our Code of Conduct does not permit language or action that can hurt or frighten another person or that falls below a generally accepted standard of conduct. Our Code of Conduct reflects our core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
Specifically, members are NOT to engage in the following activity including:
- Angry or vulgar language including swearing, name-calling, or shouting.
- Intentional physical contact with another person in an angry, threatening, or sexual manner.
- Any demonstration of sexual activity.
- Harassment or intimidation by words or gestures, body language, or any other menacing behavior.
- Inappropriate attire.
- Theft or behavior that results in the destruction of property.
- Carrying, or concealing weapons or devices or objects that may be used as weapons.
- Using or possessing illegal chemicals or alcohol on Y property, Y vehicles, or at Y sponsored programs.
- Chronic disregard for Y policies.
- Any other conduct that is inappropriate, threatening, or offensive in nature.
- Smoking is not permitted in or outside the YMCA. The YMCA and its property is a smoke-free environment.
- The use of cell phones with cameras and all other camera or video recording devices are PROHIBITED in all bathrooms, locker rooms and changing areas.
Members and guests are encouraged to be responsible for their personal comfort and safety by requesting that the offensive behavior be stopped from any person whose behavior is in violation of the Code of Conduct listed above. If a member feels uncomfortable confronting the person directly, they should report it immediately to a Y staff person.
Members and guests should not hesitate to notify a Y staff person if assistance is needed. Please do not hesitate in requesting help. Our staff are here to help make the Y the best part of your day.
The branch executive directors and CEO will review all reported incidents. The decision to suspend or terminate Y membership privileges will be made at their discretion if a violation of the Code of Conduct has occurred.
Due to our draft process, we require a 5 day notice in order to stop any drafts or make any changes to your membership that you wish to take effect for that upcoming draft. This timeline comes from our bank and credit card company since we need to have them our draft files 2 business days before the draft date.
Please check your bank and credit card statements regularly. If you notice a discrepancy on your statement, we ask that you please notify us promptly. Refunds will not be issued for discrepancies older than 90 days.
We understand that certain life situations, circumstances or other reasons may cause you to leave our Y. You can cancel your membership one of three ways:
1) Stop in at either branch and fill out the membership cancellation form.
2) Call us at 608-782-9622 and we can process your request over the phone.
3) Email email@example.com with your name, membership type and a reason for canceling.
If you have any questions about your membership, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a monthly draft and wish to terminate your membership the request must be made 15 days in advance of your next membership fee draft.
DENIAL OR REVOCATION OF MEMBERSHIP:
The CEO of the La Crosse Area Family YMCA has the authority to deny or revoke membership to any individual if it has been determined that said individual's behavior or other may jeopardize the comfort and safety of others. This includes, but is not limited to, convicted sex offenders, drug traffickers, etc.