Member Communication // Phase 1
We are excited to begin reopening our facilities on June 1. We want to keep our members and staff safe and protected while they use our YMCA, so we are following strict guidelines from the CDC as well as the La Crosse County Health Department. On June 1, we will begin reopening in phases, and will gradually get back to our new normal. While we anticipate phase 1 will last thirty days, we will adjust the timeline and restrictions as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: During phase 1, registration will be required for all YMCA activities and will be limited to 1 hour. Signing up for a lap lane, time in the wellness center, or time for your children in Y-Child Watch is simple: Visit www.laxymca.org to complete the registration. Spots will open 2 days in advance. You can also call us at 608-782-9622 to reserve your time.
5:00 AM – 8:00 PM
6:30 AM – 12:00 PM
PHASE 1 SERVICES AVAILABLE TO YOU:
- Lap Swimming – Limited to 1 member per lane. Members need to bring their own swim gear. Reservation required.
- Group Fitness Classes – A limited number of classes will be offered daily in the fitness studios, cycling studios, and gymnasiums so that physical distancing can be maintained. Reservation required.
- Virtual Fitness Classes – Onsite classes with a virtual instructor in Phase 1 and beyond. Reservation required.
- Wellness Center – Equipment will be available in a way that ensures physical distancing. Members must disinfect equipment before and after use. Reservation required.
- Gymnasium – will have limited availability for families and individuals. Members need to bring their own basketballs or other equipment. Reservation required.
- Y Child Watch – Maximum of 10 children per hour. One-hour time limit per child. Reservation required.
- Locker Rooms/Lockers – Will be available only to those with a reservation in the Wellness Center, pool, gymnasium, or fitness classes. Measures will be in place to encourage physical distancing.
PHASE 1 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS (TO KEEP YOU SAFE):
- Towel service will not be available. Please bring your own towel.
- Open gym including basketball, pickleball, volleyball, and racquetball will not be available.
- Drinking Fountains will only be available for filling water bottles. Please bring a water bottle.
- Children and teens age 16 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian while in the facility.
- The sauna, steam rooms, and whirlpool will not be available.
- Limited furniture will be available in the lobbies and lounge spaces (including Dahl Locker Rooms). Congregating in these spaces is restricted.
- The Prime Time Center and Family Fun Center will not be available.
- Coffee will not be available.
- Nationwide Memberships are not allowed during Phase 1.
ENSURING THE SAFETY OF STAFF AND MEMBERS:
- Members must maintain minimum of 6 feet distance from one another.
- Members must limit their activity to 1 hour maximum at the Y.
- All staff will be screened upon entering the facility including a temperature check.
- Members and staff will be asked to stay home if they feel ill.
- Staff will be required to wear a face mask. Gloves will only be required for those staff who are cleaning the facility.
- We will have controlled access to the facility through the main entrance only.
- Guest passes and day passes will not be allowed or sold. Facility use will only be for members during Phase I.
- Signage has been increased throughout the building to encourage physical distancing, handwashing and to remind members to disinfect equipment.
We will continue to review these guidelines regularly and communicate changes through email, our website and social media to meet federal, state and local guidelines. We will continue providing virtual resources for our members who are still following safer-at-home guidelines.