SCHOOL AGE CARE
Before/After School Care
The School Age Care program at the Y is excited to continue our partnerships with the Holmen, Onalaska, and La Crosse School Districts to provide before and after school care.
We all know that focusing on the development of our youth is more important than ever as we continue our recovery from schools being closed for so long.
The School Age team continues to work with local school leaders to provide additional play-based learning activities outside of the traditional school day, with additional attention given to a positive role model relationship, social-emotional learning, and healthy peer interactions and physical activities.
- Children and Staff will be required to wear masks while indoors until CDC and WI DHS suggest otherwise
- A frequent disinfection and handwashing schedule will be maintained
- Children and staff will continue avoiding close contact and creating a safe physical distance as much as possible
- Click the link of the School District your child will attend to electronically submit registration forms for your child(ren).
- You must submit a separate form for each child! If you have multiple children, you will need to click a new District link each time you need to fill out a new form for an additional child. Family Handbook and Photo/Video Release Waivers need to be reviewed prior to completing the form.
- PLEASE NOTE: Submitting a registration form is not a guarantee of care placement. Registration forms submitted will be processed in the order they are received. Families should receive confirmation of care or waitlist status within 2-3 weeks.
- A $25.00 registration fee will be processed at the time of registration for ALL families who are able to secure care. The first month’s payment for care will be due/drafted on September 1, 2021.
At the Y, we strengthen community through youth development because we believe that a community is stronger when all children have the opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve.
When you enroll in our School Age Program, you do so knowing that the Y impacts youth by supporting their needs and interests in our welcoming and safe environment. The School Age Program creates a space for social and emotional learning which will have a positive impact on mental health and social skills.
Our caring staff team follows all state licensing standards while nurturing the potential of every child. Daily activities include structured physical activities, social and emotional learning activities, as well as an afternoon snack with fresh fruit and vegetables.
SCHOOL AGE CARE LEADERS
Senior Director of School Age
Director for Onalaska
Director for Holmen
Director for La Crosse
Child Care Accounts Specialist
Melissa La Fond
Community Nutrition Director
Please submit questions regarding registration for childcare programming, childcare site availability, childcare billing and all other topics.