SCHOOL AGE PROGRAM
Before/After School Programs
Families currently enrolled in before or after school programs will receive an email from childcare billing on March 25th containing a link to registration paperwork requests and must be submitted by April 8th to receive priority registration before new families requests are processed.
Families new to the program will be registered on a first come – first served basis. Links to registration paperwork requests will be available on this website beginning May 3, 2022.
The School Age programs at the Y is excited to continue our partnerships with the Holmen, Onalaska, and La Crosse School Districts to provide before and after school programming and to introduce some new after school clubs as well – keep reading for additional information.
We all know that focusing on the development of our youth is more important than ever!
- CURRENT FAMILIES– Registration request forms for the 2022/2023 Before and After School Programs will be emailed to the address that child care billing currently uses for communication.
- Emails will be sent March 25
- Completed registration request forms must be submitted by April 8 to be prioritized over new family requests.
NEW FAMILIES – On Tuesday, May 3rd at 8:00 am links specific to the Holmen, Onalaska, and La Crosse School District registration request forms will be available on this webpage. Clicking the link for the school district your child will attend, directs you to an electronic form for submitting the registration request forms for 2022/2023 Before and After School Age Care. Please note the following about the registration process:
- When forms for new families become available, clicking the button for the school district your child attends will take you to a HELLOSIGN webpage. You will need to enter a valid email address to receive a fillable copy of the registration request form for submission. The Family Handbook and Photo/Video Release Waivers need to be reviewed prior to completing the form.
- You must submit a separate form for each child you wish to register. You will need to repeat the above process for each individual child.
- PLEASE NOTE: Submitting registration request forms is not a guarantee of program placement. Registration forms submitted will be processed in the order they are received. Families submitting forms will receive confirmation of care or waitlist status by the end of June or within 2-3 weeks. Please refrain from inquiring about the status of your request prior to June 17th.
- A $25.00 registration fee/per family, will be processed at the time of registration for ALL families who are able to secure care. The first month’s payment for care will be due/drafted on September 1, 2022.
- frequent disinfection and handwashing
- Monitoring participants who arrive with or develop any covid-like symptoms while attending programming. Families will be contacted to pick-up immediatley.
CHANGE IN BILLING
As schools implement safety protocols specific to the mitigation of covid and other diseases as they occur in our community, the School Age Program will no longer be providing discounted rates for children unable to attend care due to illness. Beginning September 1st, all participants will be charged for the month of care on the first of that month. All early release programming, days off from school, and alternate school scheduling has been factored into the price of before and after school programs for the 2022/2023 school year; billing adjustments will only be made in extreme circumstances that affect the La Crosse area community at large.
KID'S DAY OFF
- Kids Day Off Programming
offers a day of fun and enrichment while ensuring your child is well cared for by our School Age Care professionals.
- Hours: Programming operates a full day, 6:30 AM (6:15 in Holmen) – 6:00 PM.
- Rates: TBD
- Kids Day Off is not a licensed childcare program. Wisconsin Shares Subsidy can not be used towards this care programming fee.
- Payment for all dates September 1 – December 31, 2022, is due at the time of registration. Payment for dates January 1- May 31, 2023, is due by Friday, January 13, 2023.
- Programming will be offered in various locations throughout the County based on the availability of space. A listing of all 2022/2023 Kid’s Day Off Dates and programming locations per district is yet to be finalized.
At the Y, we strengthen community through youth development because we believe that a community is stronger when all children have the opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve.
When you enroll in our School Age Program, you do so knowing that the Y impacts youth by supporting their needs and interests in our welcoming and safe environment. The School Age Program creates a space for social and emotional learning which will have a positive impact on mental health and social skills.
Our caring staff team follows all state licensing standards while nurturing the potential of every child. Daily activities include structured physical activities, social and emotional learning activities, as well as an afternoon snack with fresh fruit and vegetables.
SCHOOL AGE TEAM
Senior Director of School Age
Director for Onalaska
Director for Holmen
Director for La Crosse
Child Care Accounts Specialist
School Age Program Specialist
Please submit questions regarding registration for childcare programming, childcare site availability, childcare billing and all other topics.