SCHOOL AGE PROGRAM
Before/After School Programs
Families currently enrolled in the 2022/2023 before or after school programs will receive an email from childcare billing on April 10th containing a link to registration forms for re-enrollment. These forms must be completed and submitted by April 21st to receive priority registration before new families’ requests are processed.
Families new to the program will be registered on a first come – first served basis. Links to registration forms will be available on this website beginning May 22nd.
The School Age programs at the Y are excited to continue our partnerships with the Holmen, Onalaska, and La Crosse School Districts to provide before and after school care programming and to introduce some new after school clubs as well.
We all know that focusing on the development of our youth is more important than ever!
- CURRENT FAMILIES– Registration request forms for the 2023/2024 Before and After School Care Programs will be emailed to the address that child care billing currently uses for communication.
- Emails will be sent April 10, 2023
- Completed registration request forms must be submitted by April 21st to be prioritized over new family requests.
NEW FAMILIES – On Monday, May 22nd at 8:00 am links specific to the Holmen, Onalaska, and La Crosse School District registration request forms will be available on this webpage. Clicking the link for the school district your child will attend, directs you to an electronic form for submitting the registration request forms for 2023/2024 Before and After School Age Care. Please note the following about the registration process:
- When forms for new families become available, clicking the button for the school district your child attends will take you to a HELLOSIGN webpage. You will need to enter a valid email address to receive a fillable copy of the registration request form for submission. The Family Handbook and Photo/Video Release Waivers need to be reviewed prior to completing the form.
- You must submit a separate form for each child you wish to register. You will need to repeat the above process for each individual child.
- PLEASE NOTE: Submitting registration request forms is not a guarantee of program placement. Registration forms submitted will be processed in the order they are received. Families submitting forms will receive confirmation of care or waitlist status by the end of June or within 2-3 weeks. Please refrain from inquiring about the status of your request prior to June 30th.
- A $25.00 registration fee/per family, will be processed at the time of registration for ALL families who are able to secure care. The first month’s payment for care will be due/drafted on September 1, 2023.
CHANGE IN BILLING
Beginning September 1st, all participants will be charged for the month of care on the first of that month. All early release programming, days off from school, and alternate school scheduling has been factored into the price of before and after school programs for the 2023/2024 school year; billing adjustments will only be made if we are unable to safely staff care programs to close programming.
KID'S DAY OFF
- Kids Day Off Programming
offers a day of fun and enrichment while ensuring your child is well cared for by our School Age Care professionals.
- Hours: Programming operates a full day, 6:30 AM (6:15 in Holmen) – 6:00 PM.
- Rates: TBD
- Kids Day Off is not a licensed childcare program. Wisconsin Shares Subsidy can not be used towards this care programming fee.
- Payment for all dates September 1 – December 31, 2023, is due at the time of registration. Payment for dates January 1- May 31, 2024, is due by TBD, 2024.
- Programming will be offered in various locations throughout the County based on the availability of space. A listing of all 2023/2024 Kid’s Day Off Dates and programming locations per district is yet to be finalized.
At the Y, we strengthen community through youth development because we believe that a community is stronger when all children have the opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve.
When you enroll in our School Age Program, you do so knowing that the Y impacts youth by supporting their needs and interests in our welcoming and safe environment. The School Age Program creates a space for social and emotional learning which will have a positive impact on mental health and social skills.
Our caring staff team follows all state licensing standards while nurturing the potential of every child. Daily activities include structured physical activities, social and emotional learning activities, as well as an afternoon snack with fresh fruit and vegetables.
SCHOOL AGE TEAM
Senior Director of School Age
Director for Onalaska
Director for Holmen
Director for South La Crosse
Director for North La Crosse
Food Program Director
Child Care Accounts Specialist
Please submit questions regarding registration for childcare programming, childcare site availability, childcare billing and all other topics.