SCHOOL AGE CARE
- All summer care registration paperwork will be processed per the time-stamp request beginning Monday, March 22-Friday, April 9th.
- All Summer care deposits ($10.00 per week per child) will be due/drafted on May 14, 2021.
- Families will be able to change or cancel their Summer School Age Care registration up until April 30, 2021, without being charged the $10 per week per child deposit fee or weekly fees.
- All changes/cancelations in care must be submitted to Child Care Billing (see form below). Cancelations placed via phone will not be accepted. After April 30th, all cancelations are needed via email at least 2 weeks prior to the Monday of the week you need to change or cancel to not be billed the weekly fee.
YMCA School Age Care allows children the opportunity to explore, build friendships, develop new skills and discover their creativity. YMCA staff focus on character development and emphasize accomplishments and successes in all participants.
Our programs are safe and full of fun activities that encourage physical activity, social interaction, educational opportunities, personal growth and creativity. All YMCA staff attend trainings that cover YMCA mission, character development and child abuse prevention.
PROFESSIONAL ROLE MODELS
Our staff are “Professional Role Models” selected based on their experience, attitude, skills and their ability to EXPECT and demonstrate the YMCA Core Values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
KIDS LOVE US
YMCA programs offer your child a chance to have fun while building a healthy spirit, mind and body. Plus they get to…
- Build life-long friendships
- Be physically active
- Get messy and creative
- Learn fun songs and skits
- Have a blast
- BE A KID!
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
The Y will continue providing state-licensed childcare in our best effort to meet community needs. Now, maybe more than ever, it is necessary to give kids a place to be kids and families peace of mind that their child is well cared for as we all continue to bounce back from incredibly stressful times for everyone.
The Y’s School Age Childcare programs are eligible for Flexible Pricing options through the Y and we continue to accept Wisconsin Shares Childcare Subsidy payments.
A general day in the Summer School Age program consists of the following activities:
6:15 (Holmen locations only) or 6:30-8:30am Child Arrival-Choice Activities
8:30-9:30am Healthy Breakfast
9:30-11:30am Morning Activities Group Physical Activities and Small Group Arts & Humanities or S.T.E.M. Activities
12:30-3:30pm Afternoon Activities – possible activities include swimming, field trips (at and away from childcare), group physical activities, small groups arts & humanities, and STEM Activities. Access to pools and field trips will be subject to availability and safety of traveling off-site. Updates will be communicated via email closer to start of the summer.
3:30-4pm Healthy Snack
4-6pm Choice Activities-Child Pick Up
FORMS AND HANDBOOKS
SCHOOL AGE CARE LEADERS
Senior Director of School Age
Director for Onalaska
Director for Holmen
Director for La Crosse
Child Care Accounts Specialist
Melissa La Fond
Community Nutrition Director
School Age Questions:
Please submit questions regarding registration for childcare programming, childcare site availability, childcare billing and all other topics.